Complete 4 x 4 (47″x47″x79″) Grow Tent Package With 600-Watt HPS Grow Light + DWC Hydroponic System & Advanced Nutrients
- Complete plug-and-play hydroponic grow tent kit ; all equipment necessary to start growing indoors, professionally configured for success
- Electrical (combined): 703 watts, approx. 5.86 amps @ 120 volts ; all appliances plug into standard-household grounded power outlets (NEMA 5-15)
- Kit Includes: (1) AgroMax Medium grow tent, (1) Digital Greenhouse 600-watt complete HPS grow light with bulb, (1) pair rope ratchet grow light hangers, (1) 120v single-outlet mechanical timer, (1) GrowBright thermometer/hygrometer, (1) 6″ inline fan and flange kit, (1) 6″ clip-on circulation fan, (1) Bubble Brothers 6-Pot DWC hydroponic systems, (1) Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Grow/Micro/Bloom combo pack, (4-liter bottle of each)
- Comes with individual equipment instructions ; plants are not included
- Overall kit measurements (max): 47″ long x 47″ wide x 85″ high
Hydroponic grow systems – grow systems that use water instead of soil – have been around for ages. It is rumored that the hanging gardens of Babylon were hydroponic systems, as were the gardens of the ancients Aztecs. This technology has been refined and mastered over the years until they have morphed into today tightly controlled and automated grow tent kit setups.
We have used both hydroponic and traditional soil and we can tell you the issues in both type of systems are same. You will have to monitor nutrients, deal with mold and bugs, get your light correct and dispose of the dirt and water when your done.
We’re heard people swear by soil growing and about how terrible hydroponic grow systems are, and we’ve heard people bestow the many virtues of hydroponic growing and loudly dismiss soil grows.
We believe that it’s really a personal preference. If you try both styles of growing, you will invariably find one that you like better and that you are better at. Generally it will come down to your growing space and what works better for you physical location. A hydroponic setup might work better in a tight urban environment like an apartment, but you might appreciate the soil if you have a large basement, garage or pole barn to setup your grow tent kit in.
What’s in This HTG Supply Grow Tent Kit?
This HTG Grow Kit comes with everything you need to get started doing your own indoor grows. Here’s what comes with the HTGSupply Grow Tent Kit:
- (1) AgroMax Medium grow tent
- (1) Digital Greenhouse 600-watt complete HPS grow light with bulb
- (1) pair rope ratchet grow light hangers
- (1) 120v single-outlet mechanical timer
- (1) GrowBright thermometer/hygrometer
- (1) 6″ inline fan and flange kit
- (1) 6″ clip-on circulation fan
- (1) Bubble Brothers 6-Pot
- DWC hydroponic systems
- (1) Advanced Nutrients pH Perfect Grow/Micro/Bloom combo pack, (4-liter bottle of each)
AgroMax Medium Grow Tent
AgroMax Grow Tent
Check out the official AgroMax Grow Tent Video to the right. This was made by the manufacturers.
This kit specifically comes with the 4×4 grow tent from AgroMax. Agromax tents are chinese made and generally considered bargain options for growing.
If you’re looking for a grow tent kit that isn’t going to break the bank like a high-end Gorilla Grow tent kit, this is a good one to look at.
Different people have had different experiences with AgroMax grow tents. We have not used one. We always use Gorilla Grow Tents. But if you read reviews online, some people complain about off-gassing.
Admittedly, this could just be bad apples from people that don’t know how to grow, but we would urge you to do some research and make up your own mind, because more people online are posting that they have good experiences with AgroMax Tents and off-gassing can happen with any tent.
If you’re looking for a RELATIVELY inexpensive way to get into the indoor grow game, we like these kits. HTG is a known brand and they have stores all over the country – including in our town! If you step into your grow tent and it smells – REGARDLESS OF THE BRAND – let it air out or run your fans for a while until the smell chills out.
ALSO – put bowls filled with salt water on the floor for a few days. They will suck up the aroma in a BIG way.
Here are the stats for the AgroMax Grow Tent. These are straight from the maker itself.
- Measures 47″ wide x 47″ deep x 79″ tall
- Heavy-Duty Light-Proof Black Ballistic Nylon “Skin”
- Shiny Silver Ultra-Reflective “MYLAR” Lined Interior for superior light reflectivity and dispersal
- Two large access panels on the sides allowing access on three sides
- Five Switchable 6″ or 8″ Vent Ports with Covers attached with Velcro
- Two 4″ Vent Ports attached with Velcro
- Integrated Vent Flap with VELCRO seals for proper ventilation and light proofing.
- Removable Water-Proof Double floor contains spills/water within tent
- Easy to understand set-up instructions (instructions also available on the web, see below!)
- Now With EZ View Window
600w Dimmable HPS Bulb and Grow Light Kit
This grow kit comes with a 600w Dimmable High Pressure Sodium Light Bulb. These have been the goto light bulb for amateur and professional growers across the US for years. People love the bulbs. But LED lights are starting to become more and more affordable so growers everywhere are asking themselves which is better – HPS Grow Lights or LED Grow Lights?
Our answer is a bit of a cop out. We have to say – it depends on your situation. Let’s run through the pros and cons first and then editorialize.
Pros of High Pressure Sodium Lights
- Provide a ton of light, and work well with larger plants.
- They are the most common type of indoor growing builds so you can swap and compare bulbs from different manufacturers.
- They are cheapers than LEDs – but this is SLOWLY starting to change.
Cons of High Pressure Sodium Lights
- They use more electricity than comparable grow lights. They are much less efficient than LED bulbs.
- They generate a lot of heat. This can be a pro or con – but most people see it as a con.
- Bulbs must be replaced every 12-18 months according to HTG Supply.
Out editorial will be short. We’ve been using HPS Bulbs for years – as has everyone we know. We got our first LED lights with our first kit – bought 2 years ago. We LOVE our LED lights but our indoor setup is actually in a spot that needs the heat from our HPS bulbs in the winter. If we didn’t have those, we wouldn’t be able to cycle grows through the colder months. Also – because we live in a climate that gets very cold in the winter, we are always monitoring air flow and temperature, so having to be aware of inflow and outflow is not that big a deal for us. So while we love our LEDS, we won’t be switching totally anytime soon.
That said, if you live in a hot environment the opposite will probably hold true. If you’re worried about heat, you might want to look at more expensive LED lights. They definitely don’t give off as much heat, but they DO cost significantly more money.
So think about your setup, where you live and what you need as far as ventilation and heat. Also – think about your budget and check out the different grow tent kits on our site. And then see if something like this kit is for you
120 V. Single Outlet Mechanical Timer
The timer in this grow tent kit is pretty simple. You can find it at HTG Supply fro $11.95. It’s the same kind of timer you’d get at any garden store – this one is 120 V. and will work with the HPS light setup included in this kit.
It is a 24-hour mechanical timer. It’s meant to run the lights in this kit, but can also be used with the vents. . .or any 120v appliance.
- 24-hour programming in 15-minute increments
- Maximum 1,725 watt / 15 amp @ 120v
- Standard grounded plug and outlet
- On/Off indicator light
- Bypass switch
- 1,725 watt maximum